Tuesday 26 June 2007

26th June

Well it has been a very busy week... I am now in my new house, and I'm loving it! My housemates are lovely and fun and I get to live in the heart of a community that I have the priviledge of watching God change! Two of the young people knocked on my door last night and they were telling me how they'd been walking along singing 'Everlasting God' by Chris Tomlin together!!! These are guys that became Christians a couple of weeks ago... They're amazing! Then I went to the shop and another young person was asking me if I'd be at church on Sunday, I love the life God has given me, it's so exciting, I am blessed beyond what I could ever have imagined!

Also this week I've had a revelation... lately I've been struggling with doubt, doubt over whether God is listening to me, doubt over whether he really loves me, and doubt over whether he's even there. But I've never been able to give up because I know Jesus is real and so is his death and resurrection but still I struggled. But then the penny finally dropped this week when I was reading 'Shining Like Stars' by Lindsay Brown and I read this:

When faced with difficulties, our feelings will naturally be wayward. Only a real conviction of the truth of the gospel will buttress us, hold us together and give us confidence to press on in living for Christ. He came to give us good news, not good feelings.


How amazingly amazing and releasing is this?!? It's ok not to 'feel' that God is there all the time, our feelings ARE fickle. But just hold to the truth of the gospel and it's only thing that will keep us going! This sounds like the most obvious thing, but it filled me with mega excitement! I know that the gospel is true so I can keep running the race!

Oh and it's been actually chucking it down with rain and there are floods everywhere!

0 comments: